Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hi people,

So I was reading my bible-in-a-year verses today when i stumbled upon Luke 10:15 "You, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades. " Just out of curiosity, how does Greek Mythology tie in with the Christian Bible? I'm also interested in the point of perspective of how this verse reads "will be brought down to Hades." Now for me this sounds like "come on down to our place" or "come on down to the park". It sounds like Luke is speaking from Hades?

Ok so if this sounds like its coming from no where let me explain, I've got a friend who has a theory that Hades as it is reffered to is actually Earth, and we are living here until Jesus comes again. My friend believes that those who are non believers die and stay on earth, but those who were faithful would rise again and join the party in Heaven. Just throwing it out there to see what the general response is... Please post comments and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Shelly

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home