Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Hello people!

well i finally took the plunge and have created my own blog! After hearing so much about theses so called blogs from now fellow bloggers at Opawa Batist :)
This i have to say is one of the many activites i get up to while i'm at work, i love my job.... sometimes..... maybe.... lol ok so the only thing i like about my job is that when i'm not on calls i get to do what i want ie purchase good from trade me, search for other jobs on SEEK, check my bank account balance, and generally just surfing the net. Now for those who dont know me very well or dont know what sort of job i have let me enlighten you....
I work full time in a call center for a lovely little company you may know as Meridian Energy, now i know what your thinking " ahhhh so your the fantastic person who gives us high power bills" but I'm not! I am actually employed by the customer service company by the name of Teletech, now Meridian Energy has employed Teletech to look after their customers, thats where i come in :)
So yeah my day is generally filled by sitting at a desk in front of a computer with a headset on waiting for a call to drop in.
Usually i work an 8 hour day taking approximately 50-60 calls a day, lately however i've been doing a bit of over time so sometimes working up to 11hours in one day....
When i first started working here i was thinking about the myth of how woman say up to 30,000 words per day while men only say 10,000 words per day or something. I figured by the time i finished work I would have probably doubled my quota of 30,000 words within that 8 hour period so i would have no words left to say when i got out of the office.
I am ashamed to admit that i have a lot more to say when i leave the office.... now for those who know me well, know that i'm not a very talkative person, so i guess you could say i've been going thru a bit of a change, at this point all i can tell you is that my jaw has been getting a lot of exercise, i've also had to start pronouncing my words like a kiwi would such as "parseword" instead of "password" so i've been losing my weird little accent that so many people mock me for. So if you recognise this change in me that i'm a wee bit more talkative - get over it, i'm a woman. As for the accent- no job and no person is ever going to stop from pronouncing my words CORRECTLY, as they should be pronounced, so every other word like "class" or "grass" or "pass" or "ass" will continue to be spoken as if i was an american, so there :p

Anywayz i thought i'd just share a very momentus occasion with y'all, today for the first time since i started working here i got my first 100% QA result, just to explain that, once a week one of my calls get listened to by a person in our qualitiy assurance team.
Up until now i've been getting nothing higher than 94%, now 96% or higher is what you need to be satisfactory, so everytime i get one of these QA's i get "talked to" by my team leader, who basically just tells me the areas i need to work on to achieve 96% or higher, why i havent been achieving 96% or higher is because i have a very nasty habit of saying "uhmmmm" alot while on the phone to customers - very very unproffessional ya see. Anywayz today i finally did it! One of the hundreads of calls i get in my week was listened to and i did everything perfectley!!! Can you imagine how happy my team leader was? as he was getting just as frustrated as i was that i wasnt achieveing my QA's.
I tell ya, every time i utter out the "uhmm" i kick myself, that is one sound that is very difficult not to make! I say sound coz its not even a word! So heres my challenge to you, try not to say "uhmm"

Anywayz now that i've become completely addicted to blogging, i hope you enjoy reading my long longggg lonnngggg msg's as i have nothing better to do while i'm at work :)

Take care

Shelly

3 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger anne said...

Hello Shelly!

I found your blog and have linked it from mine! Hope you are having a good time...!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger amy said...

Hey Shelley! Yah you have a blog ;) Keep it up... Hope it's ok to add you to mine.

I hear you're coming to Parachute! Wohoo can't wait

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Rayd said...

Hey Shelly, i'm eager to read your upcoming blogs. :D

P.S, i'm adding ya to my list too, hope it's ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home